Assignment: Using Variance Analysis in Decision Making
Having a budget is critical for the financial stability of an organization. Keeping track of how well the organization is actually adhering to the budget, and subsequent identification of why the budget numbers are being missed is equally important. Without this critical “why” piece, it is difficult to make the necessary adjustments to the budget or to organizational behavior that might be promoting overspending.
A good budget is built with thoughtful consideration of future costs and revenue. Though your budget is formulated with expected figures in mind, the actual resulting values may vary considerably. This variance–from projected to actual–can be a pleasant surprise or a fiscal nightmare and can make financial decision making difficult. Fortunately, variance analysis can enable management to determine why variance occurred and what can be done to mitigate its effects.
Try to write an academic paper with us
Do not struggle with your Assignment when we are here to help. We are aware that every student aims at getting better grades. This prompts most of them to look for help on online platforms like ours.Get Answer Over WhatsApp Get Your Custom Answer Now
We guarantee professional assistance in completing papers of all academic levels and subjects.
For those not comfortable with the use of Microsoft Excel, this week’s Optional Resources suggest several tutorials.
- Review the information in this week’s Learning Resources dealing with variance analysis, how it is calculated, and how it can be used in decision making.
- View the video Week 8 Application Assignment Tutorial: Variance Analysis, provided in this week’s Learning Resources.
- Use the Week 8 Application Assignment Template, provided in this week’s Learning Resources, to complete this assignment. Carefully examine the information in each of the scenarios and provide the necessary calculations. Using this information will help you answer the questions.
By Day 7
Note: For those Assignments in this course that require you to perform calculations you must:
- Use the Excel spreadsheet template for the Week 8 assignment
- Show all your calculations and formulas in the spreadsheet.
- Answer any questions included with the problems (as text in the Excel spreadsheet).
A title and reference page are NOT needed in this assignment. Put your name and assignment at the top of the Excel spreadsheet.
Use the Week 8 Application Assignment Template for the Week 8 assignment
Salary Variance Scenario
For this Assignment run a variance analysis. Based on the information you obtain: assess the results of the analysis, suggest potential causes of the budget variances and an explanation for addressing the situation.
Using the following performance data calculate the volume adjusted labor rate variance and volume adjusted efficiency variance. Your Variable Expense Factor is 40% and your Volume Change Factor is 50%.
Note: Submit the Excel spreadsheet containing your Salary Variance Scenario calculations to the Assignment submission link.
Get help with your homework
It\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s easy to get help! You can choose when you want to receive the answer, add any comments and attach any important documents.
One of our tutors will respond to you as quickly as possible, sometimes in minutes. They will do everything possible to assist you.
We are available 24x7 to deliver the best services and assignment ready within 3-4 hours? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paperGet Answer Over WhatsApp Get Your Custom Answer Now