typical physical abilities
typical physical abilities. Integration Paper #1
Try to write an academic paper with us
Do not struggle with your Assignment when we are here to help. We are aware that every student aims at getting better grades. This prompts most of them to look for help on online platforms like ours.Get Answer Over WhatsApp Get Your Custom Answer Now
We guarantee professional assistance in completing papers of all academic levels and subjects.
Task: Write a 2 – 3-page paper incorporating the information identified below.
Purpose: Apply concepts from chapters 1-4 to a practical example.
Audience: Assume you are explaining this information to someone who does not have a background in human development. Provide plenty of detail so it is clear you understand the concepts.
Format: Write a short paper, which includes an introduction, body, and closure (do not simply write responses to the questions). Use at least one reference to support your work. This reference may be your textbook, or another professional and credible source of information. Use APA referencing format, including in-text citations and reference list. Papers will be scanned through SafeAssign.
typical physical abilities
Assume that you are in one of the following types of positions: parent, social worker, group leader, or activities director.
In this role, you are going to plan an activity you believe to be appropriate for one of the people identified below. The activity should serve to support or enhance the physical abilities of the individual.
Select one of the following for writing your paper:
· 6-year-old child – 1st grade; attends before and after school care at a local YMCA; healthy; typical development; only child
· 10-year-old child – very active; typical development; enjoys sports; healthy; lives in urban area without safe outdoor activity space unless an adult is around; two younger siblings
· Adolescent – 16 years old – junior in high school; typical development; inactive; plays video games or is on computer several hours a day; lives in suburban area
· Middle-aged person – 45-50 years old – works full time; typical physical development; limited mobility, therefore limited activity level; has a spouse; children live far away; lives in own house
· Elderly person – 80 years old – mind is good; vision is good for age; physical dexterity allows picking up of small objects; overall strength is limited; likes to be active and spend time with others; lives in care center
Respond to the following questions, using the person you have selected (one of those described above), to construct your paper:
· What are typical physical abilities one could expect of a person like the one you have selected?
· Describe the activity you have selected to support or enhance this person’s physical abilities.
o Does the activity promote the use of fine and/or gross motor skills? Identify the physical skills needed and whether each is fine or gross motor.
o Why do you think this activity will support/enhance this person’s physical abilities?
· What microsystem elements should be in place to support this person and his/her participation in this activity?
· What is a common potential health issue related to a person like the one you have selected?
· How might the activity you have selected influence this health issue?
Integration Paper Rubric
Little or no Evidence
Application of Course Concepts
Poorly identifies and discusses conclusions, implications, and consequences of relevant course concepts, considering context, assumptions, data and evidence
Somewhat identifies and discusses conclusions, implications, and consequences of relevant course concepts, considering context, assumptions, data and evidence
Clearly identifies and discusses conclusions, implications, and consequences of relevant course concepts, considering context, assumptions, data and evidence
Question Prompts Answered
Not all questions are answered thoroughly and accurately, indicating poor understanding of the course concepts presented
All questions are accurately answered; responses could be more thorough, indicating mostly clear understanding of the course concepts presented
All questions are answered thoroughly and accurately, indicating clear understanding of the course concepts presented
Poorly examines the evidence and questions; little or no support is drawn from readings/ research. Cites sources inaccurately (APA); doesn’t include in-text citations and/or reference list
Incompletely examines the evidence and questions; draws support from readings/ research. Cites sources, with some errors (APA), and includes reference list
Examines the evidence and questions while drawing support from readings/ research. Cites sources accurately (APA) and includes reference list
Effectively presents ideas
Provides attention to writing mechanics
Written communication shows superficial discussion of ideas/concepts; repetitive or redundant statements; multiple errors in grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, use of paragraphs, and few spelling errors or typos
Written communication displays basic organization as well as coherent discussion in general terms, but with some errors in grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, use of paragraphs, and few spelling errors or typos
Written communication is organized, clear, concise, and logical. Uses proper grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, use of paragraphs, and few spelling errors or typos
Get help with your homework
It\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s easy to get help! You can choose when you want to receive the answer, add any comments and attach any important documents.
One of our tutors will respond to you as quickly as possible, sometimes in minutes. They will do everything possible to assist you.
We are available 24x7 to deliver the best services and assignment ready within 3-4 hours? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paperGet Answer Over WhatsApp Get Your Custom Answer Now