In this Assignment you will examine individual roles related to the regulation of nursing practice, resolution of conflict, and delivery of health care services.
This Assignment will serve as a course level assessment for course outcome 1:
- Examine culturally proficient and congruent approaches to the care of diverse communities and vulnerable and underserved populations.
- Go out into your community and interview two individuals who affect the regulation of nursing practice and the delivery of health care services. For example, you might select an administrator at a health care facility and a nurse from your state board of nursing. Your interview questions must contain these 3 items (you may ask additional questions of your choosing to help you complete this Assignment):
- How does your organization influence the regulation of nursing practice and the delivery of health care services?
- In past situations, how have you applied conflict management skills to resolve issues and/or build team alliances?
- How is your organization influenced by the regulation of nursing practice and the delivery of health care services?
- Review the ANA Nursing Code of Ethics and the ICN Code of Ethics and select one you find most applicable to the results of the interview.
- You will write a 2 pages reflective essay (excluding the title and reference pages) including:
- analyzing the responses of the interviewees relative to demonstrating a supportive environment for culturally proficient legal and ethical nursing practice
- analyzing application of applying principles of conflict resolution with a professional team.
- Remember, your response must analyze each situation from your perspective and contain supporting rationales for your ideas.
Before finalizing your work, you should be sure to have:
- Have a minimum of 3 supporting articles, or literature not less than 5 years old
- Be sure to read the Assignment description carefully
- Utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors.
Your writing Assignment should:
- follow the conventions of Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and
- use APA 6th Edition format.