1. Apply practice guidelines to improve practice and the care environment.
2. Perform rigorous critique of evidence derived from databases to generate meaningful evidence for nursing practice.
3. Advocate for the ethical conduct of research and translational scholarship.
1. Use quality processes and improvement science to evaluate care and ensure patient safety for individuals and communities.
2. Analyze information and design systems to sustain improvements and promote transparency using high reliability and just culture principles.
1. Evaluate outcome data using current communication, technologies, information systems, and statistical principles to develop strategies to reduce risks and improve health outcomes.
2. Integrate theory, evidence, clinical judgment, research and interprofessional perspectives using translational processes to improve practice and associated health outcomes for patient aggregates.
1. Articulate to a variety of audiences the evidence base for practice decisions, including the credibility of sources of information and the relevance to the practice problem confronted.
2. Interpret research for policy makers and stakeholders.
3. Apply the best evidence from nursing and other sciences as the foundation for practice.
4. Apply evidence-based knowledge in leading the healthcare teams