“Captain of the Ship” Project – Obsessive-Compulsive Disorders
In earlier weeks, you were introduced to the concept of the “captain of the ship.” In this Assignment, you become the “captain of the ship” as you provide treatment recommendations and identify medical management, community support resources, and follow-up plans for a client with an obsessive-compulsive disorder.
Try to write an academic paper with us
Do not struggle with your Assignment when we are here to help. We are aware that every student aims at getting better grades. This prompts most of them to look for help on online platforms like ours.Get Answer Over WhatsApp Get Your Custom Answer Now
We guarantee professional assistance in completing papers of all academic levels and subjects.
· Recommend psychopharmacologic treatments based on therapeutic endpoints
for clients with obsessive-compulsive disorders
· Recommend psychotherapy based on therapeutic endpoints for clients with
· Identify medical management needs for clients with obsessive-compulsive
· Identify community support resources for clients with obsessive-compulsive
· Recommend follow-up plans for clients with depression disorders
To prepare for this Assignment:
· Select an adult or older adult client with an obsessive-compulsive disorder you
have seen in your practicum.
In 3–4 pages, write a treatment plan for your client in which you do the following:
· Describe the HPI and clinical impression for the client.
· Recommend psychopharmacologic treatments and describe specific and
therapeutic endpoints for your psychopharmacologic agent. (This should relate
to HPI and clinical impression.)
· Recommend psychotherapy choices (individual, family, and group) and specific
therapeutic endpoints for your choices.
· Identify medical management needs, including primary care needs, specific to
· Identify community support resources (housing, socioeconomic needs, etc.) and
community agencies that are available to assist the client.
· Recommend a plan for follow-up intensity and frequency and collaboration with
· Remember to include Introduction and Conclusion
Sadock, B. J., Sadock, V. A., & Ruiz, P. (2014). Kaplan & Sadock’s synopsis of
psychiatry: Behavioral sciences/clinical psychiatry (11th ed.). Philadelphia, PA:
Wolters Kluwer. Chapter 10, “Obsessive-Compulsive and Related Disorders” (pp. 418–436)
Gabbard, G. O. (2014). Gabbard’s treatment of psychiatric disorders (5th ed.). Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Publications.
Chapter 21, “Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder”
American Psychiatric Association. (2013). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (5th ed.). Washington, DC: Author. “Obsessive-Compulsive and Related Disorders”
Bruce, T. & Jongsma, A. (Producers). (n.d.) Evidence-based treatment planning for obsessive compulsive disorder [Video file]. Mill Valley, CA: Psychotherapy.net.
Get help with your homework
It\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s easy to get help! You can choose when you want to receive the answer, add any comments and attach any important documents.
One of our tutors will respond to you as quickly as possible, sometimes in minutes. They will do everything possible to assist you.
We are available 24x7 to deliver the best services and assignment ready within 3-4 hours? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paperGet Answer Over WhatsApp Get Your Custom Answer Now